虽然……但是……
although
虽然下雨了,但是我们还是想去看电影。 Although it is raining, we still want to go see a movie.
Connector patterns and syllabus templates for this level. For everyday vocabulary sentences, use Sentence practice.
Pattern frames from the official HSK 3 word list (e.g. 虽然……但是……).
although
虽然下雨了,但是我们还是想去看电影。 Although it is raining, we still want to go see a movie.
because
因为下雨了,所以我没去跑步。 Because it was raining, I didn't go running.
not only……but also……
妹妹不但.………而且.….…喜欢唱歌,不但.………而且.….…爱跳舞。
only if…then...
Time, date, and sentence frames from the official HSK grammar appendix.
5点1刻
Quarter past 5
10000米
10,000 meters
四五千个
4 or 5 thousand of
800多人
Over 800 people
一双鞋
A pair of shoes
两条鱼
Two fishies
第10层
10th floor
3角5分
35 cents
两种
Two types
他坐了一会儿。
He stayed for a while.
快一点儿。
Hurry up.
我明天一定来。
I'll come tomorrow for sure
我们必须想个好办法。
We have to think of a good plan.
明天会更好。
Tomorrow will be better.
雨越下越大。
Rain is getting heavier.
这儿的西瓜特别甜。
The watermelon here is very sweet.
这些孩子多可爱呀!
These children are so cute!
她唱得好极了!
She sang really well!
中国的大城市,我几乎都去过。
Chinese big cities; I have been to almost all of them.
这些药一共300元。
These medicines together are RMB300.
我只去过一次北京。
I've only been to Beijing once.
我先说几句。
I will first say a few sentences.
他晚上11点才下班。
He didn't get off work until 11 in the evening.
他的成绩一直很好。
His grades are always very good.
她总是很忙。
She is always very busy.
请安静,节目马上开始。
Please be quiet, the show is about to begin.
考试终于结束了。
The exam finally ended.
这道题其实很容易。
This problem is actually very easy.
那样做当然不可以。
Doing that is of course not allowed.
今天他又迟到了。
He is late again today.
最近他经常去爬山。
Recently he has often gone climbing.
房子虽然旧了,但是很干净。
Although the house is old, it is very clean.
虽然X,但是Y。
Although X, Y.
她会说汉语,而且说得很好。
She can speak Chinese, and can speak very well.
先吃饭,然后去看电影。
First eat, then watch a movie.
先X,然后Y。
First X, then Y.
如果大家都同意,就这样决定了。
If everyone agrees, then we'll decide on this.
他一边上网,一边听音乐。
He is web surfing, and also listening to music.
一边X,一边Y。
Doing X, and also Y at the same time.
给我打电话或者发电子邮件都可以。
Give me a call or send an email, both will do.
我们是打车还是坐地铁?
Are we getting a taxi or taking the subway?
为了解决环境问题,人们想了很多办法。
To solve environmental problems, people think of a lot of solutions.
除了画画儿,她还喜欢跳舞。
Besides painting, she also likes to dance.
请把空调打开。
Please switch on the air conditioning.
鱼被小猫吃了。
The fish was eaten by the cat.
关于这段历史,我知道得很少。
About this piece of history, I know very little.
我们应该在周末开个会。
We should have a meeting at the weekend.
你愿意和我结婚吗?
Are you willing to marry me?
你敢骑马吗?
Do you dare to ride a horse?
她高兴地笑了。
She laughed happily.
他是经理吗?
Is he the manager?
真漂亮啊!
Very pretty!
他没去看电影。
He didn't go to the movie.
你别忘了带护照。
Don't forget to bring your passport.
你决定了没有?
have you decided yet?
您要两张票,对吗?
You need two tickets, right?
中午吃面条儿,可以吗?
Noodles for lunch, can we?
你喝茶还是喝咖啡?
Do you want tea or coffee?
真干净!
So clean!
他跑得多快啊!
He ran very fast.
好极了!
Great!
他和我一样高。
He and I are the same height.
上海没有北京那么冷。
Shanghai is not as cold as Beijing.
我把衣服洗了。
I had the clothes washed.
行李箱被司机拿走了。
The luggage was taken by the driver.
他每天骑车上班。
He bikes to work every day.
桌子上放着一本书。
There is a book on the table.
小王叫我去他家玩儿。
Xiao Wang asked me to his house to play.
不但…而且…
Not only... but also...
只有…才…
Only... can...
我学中文很有『热情』。
I am 『enthusiastic』 about studying Chinese.
今天我有很多『事情』要做。
Today I have lots of 『things』 to do.
我『同意』你的话。
I 『agree』 with what you said. 『(lit. same opinion)』
我『愿意』和你一起去。
I am 『willing』 to go with you.
请大家『注意』。
Please 『pay attention』 Everyone.
我对你做的菜很『满意』。
I am 『pleased』 with your cooking.
这是什么『意思』?
What does this 『mean』?
我很『习惯』吃中国菜。
I am 『used to』 eating Chinese food.
我天天『练习』中文。
I 『practice』 Chinese every day.
我『复习』汉语水平考试。
I am 『revising』 for the HSK exam.
我喜欢学『数学』。
I like studying 『maths』.
我在加拿大『留学』。
I am 『studying abroad』 in Canada.
我们的『校长』很胖。
Our 『principal/head』 is fat.
春节是中国最大的『节日』。
Spring festival is China's biggest 『holiday』.
今天的电视『视目』很好看。
Today's TV 『programmes』 look very good.
我最喜欢的『季节』是夏季。
My favourite 『season』 is summer.
我『先』吃饭,再去睡觉。
I eat 『first』, then sleep.
你为什么『生气』
Why are you 『upset』?
我喜欢和我妈妈『聊天』。
I like to 『chat』 with my mother.
我们的花『特别』香。
Our flowers smell 『especially』 good.
我『不但』说中文,还说英文。
I 『not only』 speak Chinese, also English.
你想吃包子『还是』饺子?
Do you want to eat buns 『or』 dumplings?
你的三明治『总是』特别好吃!
Your sandwiches are 『always』 especiallys good!
我惊天『还』没有吃午饭。
I haven't eaten lunch today 『yet』.